Place: Squaw Valley, CA
The Squaw Valley Ski Resort is located around Lake Tahoe in Sierra Nevada Mountains (California, USA). Lake Tahoe with the emerald water, surrounded with snow mountains — one of the most beautiful lakes in the World.
In 1960 of Squaw Valley accepted VIII Winter Olympic Games. The Olympic Games gives impulse to ski resort development. Now, the resort at Squaw Valley — one of the best ski resorts of the USA. The area of ski roads — 1,600 hectares. The new comfortable chalets and village lodging create in Squaw Valley a atmosphere of the luxury US ski resort.
Squaw Valley is considered area of difficult and abrupt ski driving. This mountains most esteemed places of free-riders: variety of of springboards and rocky exits.
Squaw Valley Ski Areas
Ski lines for beginners. In Squaw Valley there are two ski zones for beginners. The Bailey's Beach is located at mountain top, near to High Camp. One more ski zone — The Papoose Learning Area — is on the bottom slope near to Far East Center. The majority of ski lines for beginners is located on the top slopes that allows seeing a magnificent kinds on Tahoe and to Sierra.
For skiers of the average level. Good ski lines go from Red Dog and Squaw Creek and Gold Coast. The longest ski line — Mountain Run — also should be pleasant to skiers of the average level. For those who wants to test yourself on more difficult lines — please go to Siberia Bowl.
For skilled skiers. Squaw Valley resort is considered the birthplace of the US movement of extreme free-riding. The skiers searching for abrupt slopes, a narrow lobby, variety of extreme driving, will find the dream in Squaw Valley. I say about the KT-22! This peak often name a pearl in a crown of Squaw Valley.
Apres Ski In Squaw Valley
- Salsa Bar Grill — US southwest and Mexican cuisine, more than 100 kinds of tequila;
- Mother Barclay's Café — remarkable breakfasts (omelets, fritters, cakes) and dinners (sandwiches, soups and salads).
- Bar Plaza — high chairs, good kinds, the big screen and there is enough place to have a rest after driving.
- Glissandi in Resort Hotel (Squaw Creek) — style of New York and San Francisco.
- Ristorante Montagna's — Californian-Italian cuisine.
- Graham's In Christy Inn — South European cuisine.
- Fireside Pizza Co — a magnificent pizza with fresh rural products.
- High Sierra Grille — stakes, salads, fresh soups and set of snack.
Après-ski Bars: PlumpJack, Bullwackers in Resort Hotel in Squaw Creek, Bar One — the favorite among apres-ski bars with live music and a karaoke in the evenings, Plaza in Olympic House and Red Dog Saloon in Opera House. On North side of Lake Tahoe — set of a casino. The most popular: Tahoe Biltmore, Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe.