Squaw Valley

California, USA
...

For ensuite, I have always photographed homes of friends, or friends of friends. On two occasions I have approached individuals whose work I felt inspired by. Both of these people, Rosemarie and Alix, have become friends since. They were so generous to open their doors to me. Alix owns her own clothing brand called Thomsen, and as we became closer, the brand began to reveal itself to me. I found myself welcomed into and discovering the intimate process, the blog, the family, friends and the cultural connections. This store and it's clothing are easily encompassed by three words; stylish, approachable, timeless. Thomsen seems to represent style as a behaviour, rather than as something that we just do. By chance, Alix herself was at the shop last Saturday when I went to take the pictures for this post. She was there to meet Cheri (another via-blog friend) who was there to dress the windows. Alix and the camera were magnetised. I'm not so sure this is just a report on the shop anymore. Perhaps it could be considered a study of the soul of Thomsen.

ALIX'S SHOP IS VERY CLOSE TO TWO OTHER PLACES I ADORE: HERE AND HERE.THOMSEN SHOP, 98 RUE DE TURENNE PARIS 3e. FROM TUESDAY TO SATURDAY. LIST OF RETAILERS ALL OVER THE WORLD HERE. ALL PHOTOS BY CLARISSE DEMORY.