Squaw Valley

Priorities
via unknown
A few months ago, I was asked by an illustrator to write the story for a picture-book she would then illustrate. Even though the storyline has been in my head for a while, it's high time I started putting the exact words onto paper. The illustration above sums it up really. The deadline I set myself is looming and somehow nothing really materializes. I am afraid to fail. I tell myself I am very busy. I need to have a coffee first, check some blogs, have a cigarette, work a little on my own blog. Ready? No! I have to cuddle the cat first. He looks like he really, REALLY needs a hug. Surely, no animals should be hurt during the making of this book??? Have I had a cigarette yet? So, I have had to make a deal with myself: only after having written a page (half a page?) a day am I allowed to work on my blog. Sigh ...Watch this space for news...Or ..wait a minute ....YOU! Yes, YOU!Do NOT watch this space. GO AND GET SOME WORK DONE!(Ok, you're allowed to cuddle your cat/dog/guinea pig first. People with pet fish get permission to hug a pillow instead)