Squaw Valley

I saw the light
via here
In my opinion, beautiful lamps are one of the most difficult things to find. There's always something wrong with them: too expensive, too many unnecessary frills, too cheap-looking. Olivier Abry, a designer from Lyon, comes to the rescue. He makes the most beautiful lamps out of vintage parts. Every single lamp is a unique piece and I think they really have their own 'personality'. I'd love one (or two, or three) for our new place. You can see and buy his lamps here.
Olivier also has a fantastic blog - one of the few blogs with a sense of humour, I think. I've been a fan and follower of his blog for such a long time, but strangely enough it never really dawned on me that he made such great lamps. I was so fixated on the images on his blog that I never really paid much attention to the sidebar. Silly me! Luckily, I saw the light last weekend! And now so will you!